Saturday 8 February 2014

The Simulation of Apocalypse.

The celebrations commenced, but none of us would know our future shortcomings. Not even the clairvoyants.

It was a strange roadtrip to the wedding of our friends, there was an apprehension in the air as the love of my life placed his arms around me. I think I squeezed his chest a little too hard, but he was warm and I was cold. I was always cold, and I frequently debated if I was really endothermic.

There were mice in our car, in a cage. They didn't really like us, but they were part of the wedding, and they didn't even seem the slightest bit weird at the time. At least, I was with him. He meant the world to me.

As we partied all night, and were on our way back to our hotel rooms - it happened. I don't think anyone else realised it but me. The world was ending, and ending, and ending. Again and again and again, on a loop. But it ended differently each time.

It was as if I was paralyzed, but I could see everything. It was the clairvoyants who conveyed the message that this world was over and done with. To be specific, his name was Kevin. He froze all of us, and told his community that we have died, except for the telekinetics or higher powers. I began to wonder why I could hear that.

"You're a telekinetic," he said.
But I couldn't reply.
"Wanna watch me ruin the world?"

He pushed the room we were in to the ground (to be fair, we were already on the ground. He pushed us further down the crust of the planet, like there was an elevator shaft and we were going down.) My brain was melting.

He moved everything back to normal, with the simple control of his mind, like he was guilty. We thawed, as if nothing happened.

The second time he threw the world out the window was with a special gun. We froze again, of course, but this time I covered my face with my dress. Despite knowing I did so, I could still see. Shit.

He shot the people with his silent gun, and when it was my turn, he simply skipped me. He couldn't shoot me, probably because I was telekinetic. This time though, I could speak, just by thinking. Why didn't I realize that before?

"Why aren't you shooting me?"
"I did, you were immune to it."
"Does this mean I have to watch you undo all of this and watch the apocalypse again?"
"Yes, your gift wasn't used when you were alive, so here you are."
"Where, where am I?"
"Limbo."

I lied through it continuously; as he drove the world to the sun, imploded our species, and caused us to stab ourselves impulsively.

Of course, I didn't feel a thing. Except for despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment